How to Use Stargazer Hair Dye
Directions for Application of Stargazer Cream Semi Permanent Hair Dyes
- We recommend a patch test & strand test should be carried out prior to application. (see below for help with this)
- Protect the surfaces around you with the aid of old towels. If the colour touches the skin wash immediately to prevent it staining.
- Shampoo your hair (do not use a conditioning shampoo or conditioner, a ph balance shampoo is best) and towel dry.
- Cut the nib of the stargazer hair dye and apply the dye with the aid of the gloves provided, or use tint brush evenly covering the area required.
- Make sure the hair had been mixed through with the colour and not just coated on top.
- Leave for approximately 15-30 minutes (you may need longer - the strand test is crucial to establishing how long to leave dye on for).
- Rinse thoroughly until water is running clear, washing away from the direction of the face.
- The hair is now ready for styling.
Patch & Strand Test
- This product contains ingredients that may cause skin irritation. It is advised before use to do a patch test.
- Take a small amount of dye and apply to the skin at the back of the ear or neck where it can not be seen!
- Leave for a few hours, wipe off and ensure no skin irritation
- It is also recommended to do a strand test before using the colour to monitor the shade result
- Easiest way is to cut a small section of the hair underneath, where it is not seen and apply dye as normal
- If at anytime the dye comes in contact with the eyes, wash with warm water immediately. If any irritation persists seek medical advice.
Stargazer Useful Tips
- Stargazer hair dye will not cover white or grey hair
- For perfect results pre lighten the hair
- For exceptionally long hair two bottles of Stargazer dye maybe needed
- The lighter the base colour the more vibrant the results
- Stargazer colours can be blended together
Ingredients will vary depending on the colour however the base ingredients on all colours are as follows:
- Aqua (pure)
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Methosuffate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol
- Citric Acid
At GStores, we are not trained hair professionals and these pages should be treated as a guide only based on the manufacturers instructions. If in any doubt, consult a hairdresser or qualified professional.
Please check information on packaging, all ingredients and information are correct at time of writing.